The first thing that
caught my attention about this section was the interview with Chris Hacker, who
talked about package design. This was a whole new field of graphic design that
I had not thought much about. However, it is really important because it can
make or break a product and determine if it is bought or not. This section
talked a lot about typography and its importance in the field of design. The
specific typography used is very important because you need to use it to draw
attention, but not be distracting and at the same time to be creative looking,
but also legible. In one section they related to marketing. This was
interesting to me since this is what I want to go in to the field of. It
discussed how the designers will design what they think is pleasing and looks
great, however marketers who nothing about design will tell them they have to
change it, because they know what sells. This is why I decided to take an IDD
course. I think that as important as it is for the designers to listen to what
the marketers tell them what will sell, it is also important for the marketers
to understand a little about design. I think that by understanding a little
about design I will better understand where the design team is coming from and
what they are thinking when they design an ad.
No comments:
Post a Comment