Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Waterfall drive (layer masks project)



This was the last layer masks project that I completed. For this one, I used the gradient tool to combine a waterfall image with an image of a road. Then, using the paintbrush, I softened the edges and altered some places where I wanted the road to show through instead of the waterfall. It took me a while, to figure out exactly how I wanted the waterfall to be placed, but I am happy with where my final decision was. After this I found a car to be placed on the road. I wanted a car that would stand out against all the earthy colors, so I chose red. I am happy with this choice, because I like how at first your eye is drawn to the red car and then you notice the fantasy behind the landscape and how it is surreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment