Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Imagine (layer masks project)
This was the project that I made while learning all of the new tools within photoshop that I did not know how to use. The first thing that I learned how to use was the gradient tool, in which I meshed the island scene with a night sky scene giving off the appearance that it fades from night to day as you move left to right. It took many tries to get to where I wanted it, but once I got it, I was very happy with the results. Then I used the paintbrush tool to soften the blend a little bit near the water so that the edge wasn't so straight and clear cut. After this I inserted the elephant to where I thought he looked best. Once I had him in place, I made a new text layer. I chose the word imagine because it seemed like a fantasy to me the way the picture looked and it was not realistic. Then duplicating the night sky layer I used that to fill in the text, and then played with the color a little to make it somewhat different.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment