After reading this week’s
section of Becoming a Graphic Designer,
I thought that it was really interesting to see how there is a range of things
that a person may do as a graphic designer. This was interesting to me because I
had always thought about other careers or majors having different paths that
they can head in, but I had never thought about that as far as graphic design.
I guess there really is a big difference in what needs to be done for an
editorial versus an advertisement. In the interview with Criswell Lappin, I
learned that years ago graphic design was shown in hard copy, while now
everything is mainly digital. She said that the digital world has made it
easier and faster to complete and make changes to a project. I can’t even
imagine having to do everything on hard copy, I think that that would be so tedious
and difficult to keep track of even the smallest changes. I liked all of the
images throughout this chapter because it showed a large range of ways that
graphic design is used and how we view it in our every day lives. I found it to
be fascinating how all of these design directors have the ability to take the
simplest image and make it into something great. Especially, with the cover of
the magazines. Those are the most important part because that is what either
attracts to sends away your audience so it is important to capture them in. I
think that all of the samples were eye catching and would have made me look further
into it.
No comments:
Post a Comment